Monday, March 7, 2011

Random thoughts... about me..

Hi my name is Susie and I suffer  from FIBROMYALGIA!!  Although I have blogged before, I have never let anyone read what I have written, after all  who would care?  Sound familiar?  
So  as  I said, I do have Fibromyalgia and was diagnosed several years ago. I fought the pull of pain and fatigue for many years up until the last few years, it seems to some, I have given up.  I still take the medications that my  Rheumatologist prescribes,  I don't have the  energy or  desire to do anything. Knowing that I would only be in pain afterwards doesn't  give me much want too.  
I wanted to try and  stay positive in my new blogging experience but today is just not a positive day.  So  should  I put it off for another day?  Probably but then again, probably  not... 
I lost my job almost 2 years ago.  A job that I loved but was more  stressful than I could handle.  It got to the point that  my work  suffered  from lack of  energy and the pain in my arms and shoulders. I tried another job a  few months  later, it  was not  stressful and the hardest part was  getting me there. After the  3rd  week, I was let go, business was  slow.  I had missed 3 out of 16  days of work, but that wasn't brought up in the " I am sorry  I have to let you go speech"!!  So here  I sit,  day after day,  wondering how I am suppose to go on, or maybe more like  how am  I suppose to FEEL  like it..  
I am still LEGALLY married too and  still live with my husband of 30 years..  ("that's all I will say about that").   I have 3  sons, the oldest was 8 years old when I married his dad.  He and his wife, who is a wonderful daughter-in-law and friend, have 2 sons, who are the most amazing 2 boys on the face of this earth.  My second son lives here  with us for the  time being.  His job changed and  he is re-grouping.  Our youngest is getting married in a couple of months to a  wonderful woman and has a daughter that melts your heart at first site. That brings my grandchildren count up to 3. I am SO very proud of all 3 of my sons.  They and their families are my main reason for  wanting to live.  God has  blessed  me in many ways and  I couldn't have  picked any better if I could have.   
I also have 2  dogs that make up (and  TAKE UP) my every day living routine.  They are my babies  that  took me  thru the  Empty Nest Syndrome which also started  about the  same  time that Fibromyalgia  entered into my life.  What  a wonderful combination, eh?  But they love me and give me that UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, that most women desire and don't  get from their significant others. They are always happy to see me and even when I am not at my best,  they know when it is time for Mama to pet THEM...  LOL It's true..  they come to me when I need love and  attention, one of them will nudge me to pet  them, or snuggle under the  covers.  I also have a Cockatiel..  She lives in her own world and only lets me know  when her  food and  water bowls are empty.  Otherwise,  we co-habitate the same  space...  
My faith in God...  has not  all  together expired but is on the  back burner, I guess is a good  way of  saying it.   He  didn't  change,  I did... I still believe and I still  pray but for now that is all I am capable of.   
Well  my  Random thoughts blog turned out a little  longer than I thought so maybe I will work on it  alittle more and see  where  it  leads me.  Right now, my arms are starting to ache and its time to readjust..   OH  what the  heck, here  goes..   blog post # 1.... 

1 comment:

  1. As you know I can relate on so many levels. Only no grandbabies, only one of three DDs want them, and it will be sometime. I fear when it comes I will not be able to lift and play with them, that breaks my heart. I have lived with the continuing breakdown of my body from the fibro for the bulk of my adult life and the impact it has had on me has taken its toll, and it is so true, so many do not understand. When they say it will get better, they do not realize that it really will not..at least not on all fronts. I once shied way from those that had negative feelings, us fibros being empathatic so just adds more pain...now I am one of them. I am trying hard not to be, but as you said it is one of those days. Guess we have to take the good and the bad and do our best to turn the latter around.

    ReplyDelete