Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Time for Action

 It is Time for me to take action.  I have FM/CFS I have been denied for disability benefits and everyone keeps telling me to try again. I applied on my own and filling out the paperwork was exhausting enough then to have them say no was just more than I could take at the time. But I will be 50 in a few months and most days my body feels like it must be 80. I read an article on "but you don't look sick.com" and it  has inspired me to try again. 


 It was a boost for me to hear from others in similar situations and   a reminder that I worked hard at a either a full time job and some times 2 part time jobs, working between 60 -80 hours a week , from the time I was 14 until two years ago when I lost my job after almost 9 years of bad evaluations because I could not keep up with my work load. One day I woke up thinking I just can’t continue on like this anymore and I crossed over that very important line into the world of the unemployed.  My husbands check barely pays the bills and we don’t have any health insurance so doctor appointments and prescriptions are a huge stress and a major argument topic at our house. 


I tried again the next year for 3 weeks at a new job with less stress and I LOVED that job. The hardest part of that job was getting there on time every day. I missed 3 days of work in that 3 week period and although I was let go because business was slow, those 3 days didn’t  look good on my record. 


So, it is time for me to lift myself up by the bootstraps and get busy reapplying for those benefits..  It may not be easy but I have to give it my best shot.  


Life should not have to be this hard. 


 SuzyQ (aka Poosers61)

No comments:

Post a Comment